Perfect for the Start-up Business
Starter Sites are a perfect fit for you if:
- You have a lower web budget, but want a support team behind you
- You have time to set up your own site, but want expert guidance and the best tools
- You are tech savvy and confident enough to follow written instructions
- You have a big vision for your business
- You want to set yourself up for the best way to grow and redesign your site in the future.
Why Starter Sites?
What are Starter Sites?
Our mission is to offer an undeniably awesome alternative to the average site builder that provides entrepreneurs the perfect framework to grow their business and make their unique impact on the world.
We’ve taken our experience designing hundreds of websites and combined it into a user-friendly process that will take you from start to finish on your new site.
What is Included:
Everything you need… (click each item for more details)
1. Installation and proper configuration of your WordPress site.
2. Premium Genesis framework and Genesis child theme of choice.
3. Top recommended plugins installed.
4. Access to over 15 written tutorials to help you plan and set-up your site.
5. One hour of question and answer support via email.
6. Up to 5 stock images of your choice from Adobe Stock.
Starter Site Add-ons:
If you need additional support beyond the basic Starter Site, we have a few options for you.
Annual WordPress Security Package - $200 (Strongly Recommended)
Tech Support Add-on - $150
Content Add-on - $300
Design Add-on - $375
Site Migration for Redesigns - $150
Starter Site FAQ:
How much time will it take me to set up my site?
How much skill is involved?
How to know if you are not a good fit for Starter Sites?
What happens after I sign up?
How do I choose a Genesis child theme?
Why use Starter Sites rather than a cheap site builder (Squarespace, Wix, Weebly)?
What if I need more help?
Can I get ongoing support?
What if I want to set-up an e-commerce store on my site?
Is there a money-back guarantee?
What if my site is a redesign and not a new site?
- Creating a design brief
- Choosing a theme
- Creating a site map
- Writing copy for your website
- Choosing images for your site
- Making edits and additions
- Adding social sharing buttons
- Setting up a blog
- Creating a form
- Recommended plugins
- Using the pre-installed plugins
- Connecting Google Analytics
- Making your site Accessible
- The “Don’t Forget” Checklist
- Updating and backing up
- Recommended sites and trusted resources
You will gain immediate access to all the tutorials which will help you get started in creating your website plan, site map and drafting your content. We will provide you with the link to the support desk and you can begin asking questions as soon as your site is installed.
Why choose WordPress over a site builder like Squarespace?
WordPress is open-source which means it’s a free, community-driven platform. It’s scalable – meaning you can build upon it in the future and grow it into whatever you can dream of, it’s user-friendly and simple to learn how to use. It has massive support – WordPress is used by millions of sites across the world. Perhaps the biggest reason is that it gives you the freedom and flexibility that a built-in site builder like Squarespace doesn’t – you own the design, you are free to move the site anywhere, you are not subject to a company disappearing or changing their fee structure exponentially.
Why choose a WordPress site with you instead of directly through my host?
Most hosts offer one-click installations of WordPress and you have your choice of a number of free themes and plugins to choose from. What we offer is years of experience in web design to guide you to choose the best themes and plugins for your site, and provide you with all our tips and tricks for setting up your site for success. We also offer start-up and ongoing support for you so you are not alone in this. When it comes time for a redesign in the future, you will be in the absolute best framework possible to prepare for a custom design with us.
Why Genesis and not another WordPress theme?
We adore Genesis and have 8 years experience working with their themes. We can honestly tell you that they offer the best in security, SEO friendliness, and support. When you choose Starter Sites, you will get the Genesis Framework set up on your site which comes with automatic updates for life. You will also have your choice of your favorite Genesis Child theme.
If you are overwhelmed you can upgrade to a Custom Design. We will provide you with an estimate and MOU for your project. Your initial investment will be credited against your deposit minus any hours already accumulated.